As a campground host, you serve as a “live-in” ambassador for a facility. Campground hosts set an example by being model campers, practicing good housekeeping and obeying all rules and regulations.
Campground Hosts Still Needed in 2018!
The following facilities still have openings for campground hosts for 2018. If you are interested in hosting in these facilities, please contact the person listed.
|Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park, Wildwood||
Richard Love, 636-458-3813, ext. 226
|Big Lake State Park, Craig||May-August||
Mark Kunkel, 660-442-3449
|Cuivre River State Park, Troy||July||
Stephanie Scoggins, 636-528-7247.
|Roaring River State Park, Cassville||May, June, September||Brian Hunter, 417-847-3209|
|Hawn State Park, Ste. Genevieve||June, September-November||Ed Schott, 573-883-3603|
|Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park, Lesterville||May-August and October-December||Ryan Persinger, 573-546-2450, ext. 1002|
|Knob Noster State Park, Knob Noster||August||
Melissa Hall, 660-563-2463
|Lake of the Ozarks State Park, Kaiser||June, July, October||Bill Shannon, 573-348-2694, ext. 235|
|Meramec State Park, Sullivan||August, September, October||Rachel Hoemann, 573-468-6072|
|Montauk State Park, Salem||July, August||
Luke Johnson, 573-548-2201
|Onondaga Cave State Park, Leasburg||August||Connie Stephens, 573-522-1860|
|Robertsville State Park, Robertsville||June, July, August||Alan Lancaster, 636-257-3788|
|Rock Bridge Memorial State Park, Columbia||July-October||
Sarah Jones, 573-449-7402
|St. Francois State Park, Bonne Terre||June, July, November, December||
Joe Blum, 573-358-2173
|St. Joe State Park, Park Hills||July, November||
|Thousand Hills State Park, Kirksville||October, November||Jered Wisdom, 660-773-5229|
|Harry S Truman State Park, Warsaw||October||Brian Miller, 660-438-7711|
|Mark Twain State Park, Florida||Host: August
Handy Host: May-October
Kevin Bolling or Brett Barnes, 660-565-3440
|Van Meter State Park, Miami||May||
Eric Fuemmeler, 660-886-7537
|Wakonda State Park, La Grange||September||
Kyle Scott, 573-655-2280
|Table Rock State Park, Branson||May, June, July, August||
Carl Bonnell, 417-334-4704
General Information about Hosting
- You will perform a variety of tasks. Click on the individual park names below to find out what duties are expected at that park.
- You live in your own recreational vehicle (RV), motorhome or trailer on a special campground host campsite provided in exchange for your service.
- You should like people and be willing to be courteous, outgoing and helpful to people of all ages.
- You need to be physically capable of completing duties and willing to volunteer varied days and hours.
- Campground hosts are asked to serve up to 40 hours per week for a minimum of one month. This time commitment can be split between spouses.
- Click here to see where each park is located.
- Some parks re-imburse mileage up to $100.
How to Become a Host
- Fill out a Volunteer in Parks Application. Each person hosting must fill out a separate application. An application must be completed each year and can be completed at any time.
- You can submit your application for the following year beginning in October. Applications are processed in November.
- Applications are sent to the parks you requested.
- Parks then select hosts from the applications they receive. The park will contact all applicants directly.
- Click here to see current host openings.
Campground Host Parks/Duties
Below is a list of facilities that offer campground host opportunities. Host duties vary by park. Click on the park or historic site below for a list of host duties at that facility. You will also find contact information, the number of hosting positions available (host couples count as one) and if the park offers mileage reimbursement.
Arrow Rock State Historic Site, Arrow Rock
Dr. Edmund A. Babler Memorial State Park, Wildwood
Sam A. Baker State Park, Patterson
Bennett Spring State Park, Lebanon
Big Lake State Park, Craig
Crowder State Park, Trenton
Cuivre River State Park, Troy
Echo Bluff State Park, Eminence
Finger Lakes State Park, Columbia
Graham Cave State Park, Danville
Hawn State Park, Ste. Genevieve
Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park, Middlebrook
Knob Noster State Park, Knob Noster
Lake of the Ozarks State Park, Kaiser
Lake Wappapello State Park, Williamsville
Lewis and Clark State Park, Rushville
Long Branch State Park, Macon
Meramec State Park, Sullivan
Montauk State Park, Salem
Onondaga Cave State Park, Leasburg
Pershing State Park, Laclede
Pomme de Terre State Park, Hermitage and Pittsburg
Roaring River State Park, Cassville
Robertsville State Park, Robertsville
Rock Bridge Memorial State Park, Columbia
St. Francois State Park, Bonne Terre
St. Joe State Park, Park Hills
Stockton State Park, Dadeville
Table Rock State Park, Branson
Thousand Hills State Park, Kirksville
Trail of Tears State Park, Jackson
Harry S Truman State Park, Warsaw
Mark Twain State Park, Florida
Van Meter State Park, Miami
Wakonda State Park, La Grange
Wallace State Park, Cameron
Washington State Park, De Soto
Watkins Mill State Park, Lawson
Weston Bend State Park, Weston