General Park Rules
- Missouri state parks are generally open from sunrise to sunset for those not camping or staying in park lodging facilities. Historic site hours vary; please call 1-800-334-6946, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or visit the Web at www.mostateparks.com, for operating hours.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on beaches, parking areas and off-road-vehicle areas in all state parks and historic sites.
- No hunting or discharging of firearms is permitted.
- Removal of plants, animals, rocks, downed timber, artifacts or relics is prohibited without written permission from the state park director.
- Some parks have gates that close each evening. Be sure to contact the park if you plan to arrive late to ensure your entrance into the park or campground.
- Pets must be kept on leashes no longer than 10 feet and under control at all times. Pets, other than service dogs used by persons with disabilities, are not allowed inside any state park or historic building, in public swimming areas and beaches, in waters reserved for fishing or in certain limited areas. Pet waste bags are available in most locations and should be used for clean up. Click here for more information.
Laws and Regulations
- The term "statute" generally means an act or law passed by a legislative body, such as the Missouri General Assembly or the United States Congress.
- The term "regulation" generally means a rule or standard that has the force of law once promulgated by an administrative agency within its statutory authority. Sometimes referred to as a "Rule."
Division of State Parks Rules in Development
- 10 CSR 90-1.010 General Organization - proposed rescission
- 10 CSR 90-2.060 Outdoor Education Center - proposed rescission
- 10 CSR 90-3.050 Definitions - Grants - proposed rescission
- 10 CSR 90-3.060 Development of Grant Priorities - proposed rescission
- 10 CSR 90-3.070 Procedures for Open Selection of Historic Preservation Fund Grant Projects - proposed rescission
- 10 CSR 90-3.080 Procedures for the Awarding of Historic Preservation Fund Grants - proposed rescission
For More Information
Copies of these state and federal laws can be viewed at the Department of Natural Resources' Jefferson City office, the Missouri State Library, U.S. Depository Libraries and most public libraries.