As of 3/24/20, all campgrounds and lodging are closed Friday, March 27, through Thursday, April 30. This includes campgrounds, park-run lodging and concessionaire-run lodging. All fees associated with camping and park-run lodging reservations, including reservation, cancellation and modification fees, beginning the night of Friday, March 27, through the night of Thursday, April 30, will be refunded.
We are proud to be a member of the Missouri Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds. While our campgrounds are not currently open, the association is a great resource for finding other campgrounds during this time. Visit www.campinmissouri.com to find a campground near you.
Approximately 3,000 state park campsites are available for reservation at 38 different state parks and state historic sites.
How to make a Reservation
Click here to make a reservation.
|You can make your reservation starting at 7 a.m. CT six months prior to the first day of your trip.|
Please have the following information in hand before you go online or call:
- Name of the park or historic site where you want to camp.
- Dates you wish to reserve.
- Occupant name for each site to be reserved.
- Type of campsite needed (basic, electric, electric/water, sewer/electric/water) and the site number (if known).
- Type and size of camping unit you will be using.
- Number of persons in your camping party, including children.
- Debit/credit card (MasterCard, Visa or Discover), camping coupon or gift card.
- Qualifying information if eligible for a discount (senior citizen, military, disability).
You also should be familiar with the rates that will apply to your reservation and stay. A reservation guarantees a campsite. Availability of activities outside the campground may vary.
Due to high demand, a maximum of five campsites can be reserved in one phone call or web session for weekend and holiday camping stays from May through October.
Reservations can be made from six months to one day in advance of arrival at:
*Denotes a park that allows all campsites to be reserved in advance. Campsites that are not reserved remain available on a first-come, first-served basis.
|Make a reservation:||
Online - Up to 7 p.m. the day prior to arrival.
|Change a reservation:||
Online - Up to 7 p.m. the day prior to arrival incurring a change fee.
|Cancel a reservation:
(original reservation fee forfeited)
Online - Up to 7 p.m. one day prior to arrival incurring a cancel fee.
|Change a group tent area reservation:||
Online - Up to midnight seven days prior to arrival incurring a change fee.
|Cancel a group tent area reservaion:
(original reservation fee forfeited)
Online - Up to midnight seven days prior to arrival incurring a cancel fee.
Please be Aware:
- Checks and money orders are no longer accepted at the call center but may still be used on location at the parks and historic sites for first-come, first-served use.
- Campers must arrive within the first 24 hours of their camping stay (3 p.m. to 3 p.m. the next day) or the site will be available for resale.
- Early departures after arrival may result in forfeiture of camping fees and a transaction fee.
- A minimum stay of two nights is required for weekend reservations, with the exception of Arrow Rock State Historic Site and Bennett Spring, Knob Noster, Montauk and Roaring River state parks. The two-night minimum must be Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday. The cancellation of one night of a two-night minimum stay is not allowed.
- Accessible campsites are reservable only by or for persons with disabilities. Proof of disability is required at check-in.
- Altering the arrival date for camping stays including the following dates will result in forfeiture of two camping nights if the reservation was originally made on the first day of the six-month reservation window: trout park opening (March 1) at Bennett Spring, Montauk or Roaring River state parks; Memorial Day weekend; July 3 and 4; or Labor Day weekend.
- If a single site is not available for your full desired stay, you may choose to split your reservation and move to a second site for the remaining days. This can only be done by calling the reservation center, and will incur only one reservation fee.