Missouri State Parks campgrounds are open with a number of social distancing measures in place to improve the safety of operations for Missouri State Parks’ guests and staff. For more information, view our full release here.
Sam A. Baker State Park has two campgrounds and an equestrian campground. The park also has a special-use camping area. Both regular campgrounds offer family campsites for those who need a little extra space. The park store offers supplies for your camping stay.
To make a reservation or view campsite details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the “Make a Reservation Now” link below. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). Printable campground maps are available for your reference by clicking the "Map" links.
Individual Campground Information
Types of Sites
|Campground 1 (Map)
||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||Basic, Electric*, Family*|
|Campground 2 (Map)
||Year-round||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||Basic, Electric*, Family*|
|Equestrian Campground (Map)
||March 1-Nov. 30||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||Basic, Electric*|
* Premium Electric sites available
Click here for a guide to the symbols.
Important Camping Information:
- For weekend reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay of Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- Reservable sites may be available on a day-by-day basis if the site is not reserved. Before occupying a site, check with the park staff or follow the directions on the posted card.
- Occupants of the Equestrian Campground must camp with a horse or other equine animal for each campsite occupied.
- During the off-season (November through March), potable water is available at the frost-free water spigot located at the visitor/nature center. Modern restrooms and shower houses are closed during the off-season.
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.
- Parking of watercraft or all-terrain vehicle (ATV) trailers off of the campsite pad (usually in the grass) is permitted at this facility.