Sam A. Baker State Park has two campgrounds and an equestrian campground. The park also has a special-use camping area. Both regular campgrounds offer family campsites for those who need a little extra space. The park store offers supplies for your camping stay.
To make a reservation or view campsite details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the “Make a Reservation Now” link below. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). Printable campground maps are available for your reference by clicking the "Map" links.
Individual Campground Information
Types of Sites
|Campground 1 (Map)
||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||Basic, Electric*, Family*|
|Campground 2 (Map)
||Year-round||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||Basic, Electric*, Family*|
|Equestrian Campground (Map)
||March 1-Nov. 30||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||Basic, Electric*|
* Premium Electric sites available
Click here for a guide to the symbols.
Important Camping Information:
- For weekend reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay of Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- First-come, first-served sites are also available. Reservable sites may be available on a day-by-day basis if the site is not reserved. Before occupying a site, check with the park staff or follow the directions on the posted card.
- Occupants of the Equestrian Campground must camp with a horse or other equine animal for each campsite occupied.
- During the off-season (November through March), potable water is available at the frost-free water spigot located at the visitor/nature center. Modern restrooms and shower houses are closed during the off-season.
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.
- Parking of watercraft or all-terrain vehicle (ATV) trailers off of the campsite pad (usually in the grass) is permitted at this facility.