Hawn State Park offers basic, electric and walk-in campsites. The park also has a special-use camping area.
You are now able to reserve your Missouri State Parks campsite up to 12 months in advance, expanding from the previous six-month window. To make a reservation or view campsites details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the "Make a Reservation" link below and start planning your trip today. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). A printable campground map is available for your reference by clicking the "Campground Map" link.
Types of Sites
||Year-round||April 1-Oct. 31||March 1-Nov. 30||Basic, Electric*, Walk-in|
Click here for a guide to the symbols.
*Premium Electric sites available
For a $5 fee, non-campers may use a vacant electric campsite for the purpose of charging their electric vehicle for a period not to exceed one hour.
Important Camping Information:
- Reservable sites may be available on a day-by-day basis if the site is not reserved. Before occupying a site, check with the park staff or follow the directions on the posted card.
- For weekend reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay of Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- During the off-season, potable water is available at the frost-free water spigot located behind campsite 41.
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.
- Hawn State Park requires a permit to camp overnight while backpacking in the park, starting March 1, 2020. Overnight backpackers will have a choice of one of 10 backpack campsites. The maximum number of people allowed per campsite is seven. Hawn State Park previously had only three designated backpack campsites but allowed off-trail camping in the park. Backpack camping outside of the 10 designated campsites will no longer be allowed. Permit holders must follow the Seven Principles of Leave No Trace:
- Plan ahead and prepare
- Travel and camp on durable surfaces
- Dispose of waste properly
- Leave what you find
- Minimize campfire impacts
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitors
If you are interested in obtaining a permit to camp in a backpack campsite, call Hawn State Park at 573-883-3603 or email the park at email@example.com. There is no fee involved in obtaining a permit to camp in the backcountry at Hawn.
Park Gate Information
Park gates close at 9 p.m. during the on-season and at sunset during the off-season. Campers need to be sure to arrive prior to gate closure time.