This symbol indicates that the specified area is fully compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG).
Visitors of all abilities can enjoy birding along Overlook Trail. This trail has manageable surfaces, trail information and signage, rest areas, and many other ADA considerations.
To find additional locations that are accessible, visit Birdability to view their accessible birding trails maps.
White Oak Trail Trailhead
The first amenity past the park entrance sign is the White Oak Trail trailhead. While the trail itself isn’t accessible, an accessible vault toilet is here for your convenience. Parking is packed gravel with a 3% cross-slope.
Park Office Area
Four parking spaces in front of the park office are mostly level and paved. A pathway leads to a kiosk, where you can obtain information when the office is closed. The path to the office has a 6.6% slope.
A paved pathway near the exit leads to an observation deck in the midst of the pine trees. A handicap parking space is adjacent to the path for easy access.
Tucked in among large pine trees, the picnic area provides an accessible shelter, picnic site and vault toilet. A paved pathway that includes a water fountain and information board ties the amenities together. The shelter accommodates approximately 100 people and has a group grill. The picnic site provides a pedestal grill. The playground has a wood playground mulch base; however, a paved path leads to a seating area and a second picnic site adjacent to it.
- This shady campground offers one electric and two basic accessible sites, which provide an extended-end table, fire ring and lantern post. All areas of the campground have accessible water hydrants and vault toilets.
- The playground has a wood playground mulch base, however, a paved path and seating area allow for observation.
- The shower house has one handicap parking space with a paved path leading to the entrance. Individual shower rooms are designed to be accessible to all visitors. The spacious restrooms have accessible lavatories with lowered mirrors, side-transfer toilets and electric hand dryers.
- The accessible laundry area is a nice, open room with a set of top-operated machines, a utility sink and a small folding area.
- The barrier-free dump station is on the main road above the campground and across from the park office. Potable water is not available at this location.
This area can be accessed by car but is not modified.
This is located up a steep slope and is not modified.
For more information, contact the park:
Hawn State Park
12096 Park Drive
Ste. Genevieve, MO 63670
Last Updated: April 2021