Have you ever wanted to try kayaking but didn't know where to begin? Do you want to get out on the water but don't have your own kayak? You're in luck! Missouri State Parks is offering to teach you how to paddle and have a safe and enjoyable time on the water.
This summer, staff will be offering kayaking instruction at select Missouri state parks. This will be a great opportunity to try something new and experience some of Missouri's lakes. We supply the equipment and the expertise; you supply the enthusiasm and an eagerness to discover nature and a new skill.
Learn2 Paddle Program Details
Missouri State Parks Provides:
- Life jackets.
- A good attitude and willingness to learn.
- Appropriate swimwear and footwear.
Things to Consider Before You Register
- State Parks recommends that the safest option is for you to bring your own life jacket for this program; however, there will be life jackets provided if you need to borrow one to participate.
- Please wear appropriate swimwear and footwear, as you may get wet. We recommend close-toed shoes you don’t mind getting wet and that have a back (eg., old tennis shoes or water shoes).
- Participants must be at least 10 years of age. Children ages 10-14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during the entire program.
- Participants should be comfortable around water.
- This event will be held in a Missouri state park and all rules and regulations apply.
- This is a family-oriented event. Alcohol and tobacco products are not allowed while participating in the Learn2 Paddle Program.
To help protect the instructors and other participants, please consider the following questions prior to coming to the program.
- In the past 14 days, have you had a fever, chills, sore throat?
- Have you traveled to a high-exposure area in the past two months?
- Are you aware of any exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the past month?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please let us know that you are not going to be able to attend.
2021 Upcoming Dates and Locations
|Sept. 28||Knob Noster State Park, Knob Noster||3 p.m. to 5 p.m.||Aug. 30||Class is full|
The class registration fee is $5 per participant; registration is required. Click on the "REGISTER HERE" link below to register. When you get to the registration website, you will need to enter "Learn2" in the "Search Text" box. The classes that are currently open for registration will pop up. Registration closes five weeks after the registration open date. All slots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
If a class is full, please email email@example.com to be added to the wait list. Email should contain the following information: name(s) (first and last), session (date, time, location) and contact phone number.