Watkins Mill has 96 campsites, 74 with electric hookups. For a little extra space, try one of the park's family campsites. Five sites (three electric and two basic) are accessible for campers with disabilities. The park also has a special-use camping area.
You are now able to reserve your Missouri State Parks campsite up to 12 months in advance, expanding from the previous six-month window. To make a reservation or view campsites details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the "Make a Reservation" link below and start planning your trip today. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). A printable campground map is available for your reference by clicking the "Campground Map" link.
Types of Sites
||Campsites 1-34, 98-99:
April 15-Oct. 31
|April 15-Oct. 31||April 15-Oct. 31||Basic, Electric*, Family*|
Campground Amenities (Click here for a guide to the symbols.)
*50-amp electric sites available.
All campsites are reservable during on-season. During the off-season, sites 1-34, 98, and 99 are available for walk-in users only.
For a $5 fee, non-campers may use a vacant electric campsite for the purpose of charging their electric vehicle for a period not to exceed one hour.
Important Camping Information
- The campground is fully reservable during the on-season. Reservable sites may be available to walk-in users on a day-by-day basis if the site is not reserved. A small portion of sites are available for walk-in only during the off-season.
- For weekend reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay of Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- Parking pads vary in length from 38 feet to 80 feet, with the electric sites having the longer pads.
- A woodlot is open in the evening during the on-season for campers to purchase wood. During the off-season, the fee collector will sell wood upon request.
- Showers, the dump station and laundry are not available during the off-season (November-March).
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.
- Parking of watercraft or all-terrain vehicle (ATV) trailers off of the campsite pad (usually in the grass) is permitted at this facility.
- During the off-season (November-April 14), potable water is available from the fresh water fill hydrant across from the dump station.
- Camping is limited to any 15 days within a 30-consecutive-day period at any one park or historic site.
Campground Gate Information
The campground gate closes at 9 p.m. during the on-season and at 8 p.m. during the off-season. Campers need to be sure to arrive prior to gate closure time.