St. Joe State Park has two nicely shaded campgrounds. The campground you use is dependent on what type of recreational equipment you have. Before making a reservation, look at the chart below to determine which campground is right for your needs. For a little extra space, try a family campsite.
|If you will have ...||then you must camp in...|
|off-road vehicles (ORVs)||Campground 1|
|ORVs and horses||check with park staff|
|neither an ORV or horse||either campground|
Due to high demand for campsites at this park, it is recommended that you make reservations in advance.
IMPORTANT: If the amount of people, equipment or vehicles exceeds the capacity allowances, you will be required to purchase an additional campsite. There is ‘extra vehicle parking’ available for campers who exceed the two vehicle allowance at $5 per night, per space.
You are now able to reserve your Missouri State Parks campsite up to 12 months in advance, expanding from the previous six-month window. To make a reservation or view campsites details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the "Make a Reservation" link below and start planning your trip today. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). Printable campground maps are available for your reference by clicking on the "Map" links.
Individual Campground Information
|Campground||Available Dates||Showers/Water Available||Reservations||Types of Sites|
Campground 1 (Map)
|Year-round||April 1 - Oct. 31||Year-round||Basic, Electric*, Family|
Campground Amenities (Click here for a guide to the symbols.)
|Year-round||April 1 - Oct. 31||Year-round||Basic, Electric|
|Campground Amenities (Click here for a guide to the symbols.)
*50-amp electric sites available.
For a $5 fee, non-campers may use a vacant electric campsite for the purpose of charging their electric vehicle for a period not to exceed one hour.
Important Camping Information:
- The campgrounds are fully reservable. Reservable sites may be available on a walk-up registration basis if the site is not reserved. Before occupying a site, check with the park staff or follow directions on posted card.
- For weekend reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay of Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- Firewood can be purchased at the wood lot in Campground 1 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. April through October. From November to March, contact the park office. Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.
- Please keep all wheels and tires on the asphalt vehicle pad. Park vehicles single file, end to end. All tents must be pitched on the designated tent pad.
- Generators are not allowed in either campground.
- Rules and regulations are posted throughout the campground. Please familiarize yourself with these.
- Camping is limited to any 15 days within a 30-consecutive-day period at any one park or historic site.
Other Types of Camping Areas Available in the Park:
- There are five trailside campsites available at no charge. They are accessible from the equestrian and paved bicycling/walking trails. Interested parties must inquire at the park office.