Currently Accepting Nominations for a New Missouri Trails Advisory Board Member
Missouri State Parks is now accepting nominations for a General Trail Use representative to serve a three-year term on the Missouri Trails Advisory Board. The term length is Nov. 1, 2019 through Nov. 30, 2022. Members must be Missouri residents and must participate in the user group that they represent.
Roles of the Missouri Trails Advisory Board include:
- Review, score and rank applications and make recommendations to the Grants Management Section for funding.
- Annually review the Recreational Trail Project application and Open Selection Process.
- Development of project eligibility criteria including sponsor eligibility (which kinds of projects the state should consider for funding).
To nominate an individual for the Missouri Trails Advisory Board, please submit the following information:
- Nomination form
- Resume and/or other background information for the nominee
- Two letters of recommendation
Please submit electronically to email@example.com. Electronic submission preferred. Or mail to:
Missouri Department of Natural Resources
Division of State Parks
Grants Management Section
c/o RTP Planner
P.O. Box 176
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0176
Please submit nomination form, resume, and letters of recommendation to Missouri State Parks by May 31, 2019.
Recreational Trail Program Grants
In Missouri, RTP grants are open to local and state governments, school districts, non-profit and for-profit organizations. Missouri receives between $1 and $1.5 million per fiscal year. The maximum amount awarded is $250,000 for trail projects. Sponsors must have a minimum 20 percent match. Projects must be open to the public.
Eligible Projects include:
- Restoration of existing recreational trails.
- Development and rehabilitation of trailside and trailhead facilities and trail linkages for recreational trails.
- Purchase or lease of recreational trail construction and maintenance equipment.
- Construction of new recreational trails (with restrictions for new trails on Federal lands).
- Acquisition of easements and property for recreational trails or recreational trail corridors.
- Assessment of trail conditions for accessibility and maintenance.
Grant selection process
The application period is now open.
After applications are received, they are reviewed and scored by the Missouri Trail Advisory Board. Recommended projects are sent to the Federal Highway Administration for final approval.
Grant Application Workshops:
Past Administration Guides
Past Grant Recipients
Sign requirements include posting a sign near your trail project entrance. Signs can be ordered by calling Missouri Vocational Enterprises at 573-451-6663 or 800-392-8486.
- More information about the Recreational Trails Program from the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration
- ADA Guidelines