5/18/2019 | Current River State Park | Salem, MO
Sign up for this hands-on forage to table cooking class! Please come prepared to hike and collect edibles as you enjoy learning one-on-one with trained master chef and wild forager Kirsten Alvey-mudd on how to prepare, store and use selected items.
The day begins in the kitchen preparing a brunch from wild harvested foods. While enjoying brunch, there will be a short presentation of items that we will be foraging on our hike through the woods to find our supper. The day will conclude with cooking and enjoying our bounty of wild edibles and wild game (deer and fish). During this class, you will also learn how to make and cook with acorn flour. The kitchen has a limited supply of knives and cutting boards, so if you have a favorite knife and cutting board please bring it.
Itinerary for the day:
- 9 a.m. - Introduction and Create acorn flour
- 9:30 a.m. - Brunch and PowerPoint presentation
- 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Foraging Hike
- 2:30 p.m. - Afternoon snack
- 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. - Food prep
- 6 p.m. - Eat and enjoy our bounty
- 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. - Clean up and Q&A
- 7:30 p.m. - ?? Everyone is welcome to stay later and ask any additional questions or socialize.
Registration for this class is required so that we can make sure that we have everything that we will need. The registration deadline is May15, 2019
To register or for more information, contact Connie Weber at 573-751-1224 or email@example.com.
- Interpretive Programs