As of 3/24/20, all campgrounds and lodging are closed Friday, March 27, through Thursday, April 30. This includes campgrounds, park-run lodging and concessionaire-run lodging. All fees associated with camping and park-run lodging reservations, including reservation, cancellation and modification fees, beginning the night of Friday, March 27, through the night of Thursday, April 30, will be refunded.
We are proud to be a member of the Missouri Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds. While our campgrounds are not currently open, the association is a great resource for finding other campgrounds during this time. Visit www.campinmissouri.com to find a campground near you.
Thousand Hills State Park has two campgrounds offering basic and electric campsites. For a little extra space, try one of the park's family campsites located in Campground 1. The park also has a special-use camping area.
The park store offers supplies for your camping stay.
To make a reservation or view campsite details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the “Make a Reservation Now” link below. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). Printable campground maps are available for your reference by clicking the "Map" links.
Individual Campground Information
Types of Sites
|Campground 1 (Map)
||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||Basic, Electric*, Family|
|Campground 2 (Map)
||Year-round||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||Electric|
* Premium Electric sites available
Click here for a guide to the symbols.
Important Camping Information:
- First-come, first-served sites are available. Reservable sites may be available on a day-by-day basis if the site is not reserved. Before occupying a site, check with the park staff or follow the directions on the posted card.
- For weekend reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay of Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- Campground 1 is closed in the off-season (Nov. through March).
- During the off-season (November through March), potable water is available at the park office. However, larger RVs may have difficulty accessing it due to the small turning area.
- Firewood is sold during the on-season only.
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.
- Parking of watercraft or all-terrain vehicle (ATV) trailers off of the campsite pad (usually in the grass) is permitted at this facility.