8/7/2021 | First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site | St. Charles, MO
It’s Missouri’s 200th Birthday! 2021 marks 200 years of incredible history, amazing achievements, wondrous landscapes, fascinating people and so much more! You’re invited to this signature statewide event at the place where our statehood began. Come appreciate all the Show-Me State has to offer!
A schedule of planned bicentennial activities is provided below. Click on "Plein air art activities" or "Bicentennial cake-decorating competition" to learn more about those events.
Bicentennial activities schedule:
- Plein air art activities – 9 a.m. to noon at historic site grounds and Frontier Park.
- Booths and activities involving many community organizations – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Photo opportunities by our huge interactive birthday message – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bicentennial cake-decorating competition – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at historic site grounds.
- Visitors can vote for their favorite cake between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. At 5 p.m., the winner will be announced and prizes will be awarded. Decorators should call the site to register their entry.
- "Parade Through the Decades" – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Frontier Park.
- Community picnic with music and food – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Lewis & Clark Fife and Drum Corps marches throughout the site.
- 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. – Buckhannon Brothers perform at OPO Plaza, 119 S. Main St.
- Noon – St. Charles Municipal Band performs on main stage at Frontier Park.
- 1:30 p.m. – Root Digger/Colin Blair performs on main stage at Frontier Park.
- Interactive displays and hands-on educational activities – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at historic site grounds.
- Storytelling and other children's activities – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the backyard of the historic site.
- Historical reenactors and encampments – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. – Mock debates at House chambers.
- Noon and 2 p.m. – Mark Twain portrayal at House chambers.
- Other historical reenactors throughout the day.
- Dance performances – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Dance Discovery performs historic dances and invites guests to join in, at backyard of historic site.
- 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. – Square dance group St. Peters Square performs on the main stage at Frontier Park.
- 1 p.m. – St. Peters Square performs at OPO Plaza, 119 S. Main St.
- St. Charles County Symphony performance – 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. on main stage at Frontier Park.
The event will follow current CDC guidelines. We want everyone to be able to enjoy this event; if you plan to attend, please be socially considerate.
Mark your calendars to help commemorate and be a part of history!
For more information on this free, family-friendly event, please call First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site at 636-940-3322.
Event Time: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
This is one of many events Missouri State Parks is hosting to commemorate the state's bicentennial. To see a complete list of bicentennial-related events and learn more about the commemoration, click here.
First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site is located at:
- Interpretive Programs