9/8/2018 to 9/29/2018 | Mastodon State Historic Site | Imperial, MO
In celebration of Missouri Archaeology Month, please join us on each Saturday in September beginning Sept. 8 for a variety of programing and demonstrations as we celebrate all things archaeology.
All events are free and open to the public.
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Join us for guided hikes to the Kimmswick Bone Bed. The hikes are .50-mile to the bone bed and back on Wildflower Trail, which has approximately 130 steps.
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Flintknappers will be demonstrating various techniques in making stone tools.
- 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Admission to the museum will be free today. The Three Rivers Chapter of the Missouri Archaeology Society will be presenting crafts, artifact identification and archaeological displays. There will also be demonstrations on tanning and other fur bearing animal exhibits.
- 2 p.m. An informational meeting regarding Mastodon, Sandy Creek Covered Bridge and Governor Daniel Dunklin’s state historic sites will be held in the museum auditorium.
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. There will be atlatal demonstrations and the chance for everyone to throw their own!
- Interpretive Programs