Missouri State Parks campgrounds will reopen to accommodate existing campground reservations at 3 p.m., Monday, May 18. In addition, new reservations will be accepted on Monday, May 18, for arrival dates beginning Tuesday, May 26. For more information, view our full release here.
Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park offers walk-in, basic, electric, sewer/electric/water and equestrian electric/water campsites. The park also has a special-use camping area near Loop 5.
Stop by the campground store, conveniently located in the center of the campground, to stock up on whatever you need for your camping experience.
To make a reservation or view campsite details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the “Make a Reservation Now” link below. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). Printable campground maps are available for your reference by clicking on the "Map" links.
Individual Campground Information
Types of Sites
Loop #1 (Equestrian)
|Year-round||April 1-Oct. 31||Year-round||Electric/Water*|
|Loop #2 (Map)||Year-round||April 1-Oct. 31||Year-round||Sewer/Electric/Water*|
|Loop #3 (Map)||Year-round||Year-round||Year-round||Electric*|
|Loop #4 ((Map)||Year-round||April 1-Oct. 31||Year-round||Basic|
|Loop #5 (Map)||Year-round||April 1-Oct. 31||Year-round||Walk-in|
Important Camping Information:
- The campground is fully reservable.
- Reservable sites may be available to first-come, first-served users on a day-by-day basis if the site is not reserved. Before occupying a site, check with the park staff or follow the directions on the posted card.
- For weekend reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay of Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- Loop 5 campsites have a wooden platform with room for one tent; straps or cords are recommended for securing your tent to the platform. Each of these campsites has a designated parking space in one of two lots; the terrain is rough and hilly from the parking lots to the sites.
- Loop 1 campsites can be reserved by equestrian campers any time during the on-season. In addition, non-equestrian campers can reserve Loop 1 campsites from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
- During the off-season (November through March), potable water is available at the frost-free water spigots by the Loop 3 showerhouse, Special-Use Camping Area showerhouse and the camper cabin showerhouse. The restroom and showerhouse in Loop 3 remains open year-round.
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.