This symbol indicates that the specified area is fully compliant with Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG).
An asphalt parking lot serves the office area and has one accessible space. The office is accessible. Park and area information is available in the form of brochures.
Lloyd Parker Day-Use Shelter/Picnic Area
This lightly wooded picnic area has been totally updated to please all users. Asphalt parking with two accessible spaces, continuous concrete pathways, enlarged shelter house with accessible restrooms, water fountain and a wonderful outdoor patio with group grills await your pleasure. More pathways lead to an accessible horseshoe pit and playground. This shelter may be reserved. Also in this area are two accessible parking spaces serving an accessible individual picnic site and the playground.
Family/Small Group Picnic Shelter
Overlooking the lake is an accessible picnic site with a pedestal grill and a water fountain. This area is also served by asphalt parking with accessible spaces and continuous concrete pathways. The vault toilet in this area may be restrictive to some users.
This popular marina has a spacious concrete parking lot with accessible spaces available at strategic locations. A flush restroom is available for all users just on the right as you pull into the lot. The marina store and docks have two entrances. The main entrance is a set of stairs with handrails near an information kiosk; but due to terrain and fluctuating lake levels, it is often too steep for some users. Farther down the bank, following the road, is another parking lot with a number accessible spaces and an accessible bridge to the docks. An accessible picnic site with a pedestal grill is also provided.
The dock has fish-cleaning stations available for all users, and the store is also accessible. However, management has requested that visitors ask for help if they cannot reach an item. The marina concession provides boat rentals, boat gas and groceries. Adjacent to the marina is another parking lot serving the boat launch. The courtesy dock at the boat launch has been modified with a ramp; however, due to the launch slope, some users may need assistance. The vault toilet in this area has not been modified.
The beach area is quite sunny and has asphalt parking with five accessible spaces. The change house has been modified to accommodate all users and an outside shower has been added for convenience. A spacious concrete path leads to the beach, picnic sites with pedestal grills, of which two are accessible, and two seating areas on a hard surface overlooking the water. An accessible water fountain also is available in the beach area.
- The campground check stand offers personal attention to any user needing such assistance. After entering the campground, you'll find accessible information kiosks at the trailhead, the amphitheater and the camping area along with information boards at each showerhouse.
- The woodland amphitheater has an asphalt parking lot with two accessible spaces and a continuous concrete path leading to the sitting area. Various park programs are scheduled throughout the camping season and are posted in the park and on the park's webpage.
- Three showerhouses are available in the campground. The showerhouses in the Raccoon Ridge and Thorny Ridge loops are accessible and have accessible parking spaces in the asphalt lots. The showerhouse in the Buck Ridge loop is somewhat modified and some users may need assistance. Water fountains can be found at the Raccoon Ridge, Thorny Ridge and Buck Ridge showerhouses.
- Two of the three vault toilets found in the campground are also accessible and are near a water hydrant.
- Currently, seven electric sites (Devil's Backbone, Raccoon Ridge and Buck Ridge loops) and four basic sites (Wild Turkey Ridge and Thorny Ridge loops) are available for those requesting accessible camping. Water hydrants with concrete pathways are in proximity to these sites. The sites vary in the amount of shade; however, most of the camping is in a woodland setting.
- Although the parking is asphalt and modifications have been made to the change house, the beach itself is down a steep grade and may not be accessible for all users.
- Due to the launch slope, this boat launch may not be accessible for all users. However, the courtesy dock has been modified to allow greater use. The vault toilet in this area has not been modified.
For more information, contact the park:
Harry S Truman State Park
28761 State Park Road
Warsaw, MO 65355
Last updated: April 2017