Missouri State Parks campgrounds are open with a number of social distancing measures in place to improve the safety of operations for Missouri State Parks’ guests and staff. For more information, view our full release here.
Lake Wappapello State Park offers basic and electric campsites. For a little extra space, try one of the park's family campsites.
Make sure to stop by the park store for some extra supplies or snacks.
You are now able to reserve your Missouri State Parks campsite up to 12 months in advance, expanding from the previous six-month window. Reservations are required before arriving to the campground, and can be made up until 7 p.m. CST the day before your arrival. To make a reservation or view campsites details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the "Make a Reservation" link below and start planning your trip today. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). Printable campground maps are available for your reference by clicking on the "Map" links.
Individual Campground Information
Types of Sites
|Asher Creek (Map)||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||Basic, Electric*|
|Ridge (Map)||Year-round**||April 1-Oct. 31||April 1-Oct. 31||Electric*, Family|
Click here for a guide to the symbols.
* Premium Electric sites available
**Campsites 37-47 are closed November through March.
Important Camping Information:
- For weekend reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay of Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday.
- Reservable sites may be available to first-come, first-serve users on a day-by-day basis if the site is not reserved. Before occupying a site, check with the park staff or follow the directions on the posted card.
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.
- Parking of watercraft or all-terrain vehicle (ATV) trailers off of the campsite pad (usually in the grass) is permitted at this facility.