10/28/2022 | Thousand Hills State Park | Kirksville, MO
Come out to Thousand Hills State Park for an evening of night sky exploration. Join park staff, Truman State University faculty and the Adair County Public Library to look through telescopes and learn about the sky above you. Several telescopes will be set up, but everybody is welcome to bring their own telescopes, chairs and binoculars.
All programs are weather permitting. Check out Thousand Hills State Park on Facebook for cancellations, location changes and other park information.
Event Dates, Times and Locations:
- Star Party: Friday, April 15; 7:30-9:30 p.m.; beach parking lot.
- Lunar Eclipse: Sunday, May 15; 8:30-10:30 p.m.; Point Shelter.
- Night Sky Stories: Saturday, July 2; 8:30-10:30 p.m.; beach parking lot.
- Eyes on the Sky: Saturday, Sept. 3; 7:30-9:30 p.m.; Point Shelter.
- Spooktacular Stargazing: Friday, Oct. 28; 6-8 p.m.; Point Shelter. Click here to read the news release.
Thousand Hills State Park is located at:
- Interpretive Programs