11/19/2022 | First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site | St. Charles, MO
The public is invited to learn a unique skill at First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site in St. Charles. The class will cover the art of basket weaving, and participants will create a beautiful handmade item, perfect for giving as a gift or keeping as a treasured family heirloom. Class participants will walk away from each class with a newly learned talent and a beautiful handcrafted basket.
All materials will be supplied. Bring a drink and snacks if you wish. Registration is required. You must register for each class you wish to take. Class size is limited. Social distancing and standard COVID-19 protocols will be practiced. All classes will go from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Please call the historic site at 636-940-3322 for more information and to register.
Class Date, Type of Basket and Cost:
- Saturday, March 19: Round Easter Basket ($45) – Create a family heirloom to use year after year.
- Saturday, April 30: Market Basket ($35) – Get ready for all the farmers markets this spring!
- Thursday, May 12: Garden Gate Basket ($40) – You'll be using it to pick spring flowers before you know it.
- Saturday, June 25: Chairside Basket ($50) – Great to hold your yarn or any crafting supplies you might want nearby.
- Saturday, July 16: Footed Bow Basket ($20) – A beautiful small catch-all basket.
- Thursday, Aug. 25: Stool ($40) – A decorative addition perfect for any room.
- Thursday, Sept. 15: Tobacco Basket ($35) – Cute with a flower display to hang on your wall.
- Saturday, Oct. 22: Double-Handled Casserole Carrier Basket ($40) – Time to get ready for some warm comfort foods.
- Saturday, Nov. 19: Door Basket ($40) – Perfect to hang on your door with a natural arrangement you can change with the seasons.
Class Times: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Interpretive Programs