10/16/2020 to 10/17/2020 | Meramec State Park | Sullivan, MO
Meramec State Park will be hosting its annual Halloween event, Spooktacular, on Friday, Oct. 16, and Saturday, Oct. 17. Events will include an evening program presented by a park naturalist, an outdoor movie with free popcorn and hot chocolate, a bonfire, trick-or-treating, a scavenger hunt, a coloring contest, a jack-o'-lantern contest, a naturalist station and a dance party.
On Saturday at 4:45 p.m., park staff will close the campground road to provide a safe trick-or-treating environment for kids to go campsite to campsite. Campers are encouraged to decorate their campsite, and one site will be given the “Coolest Campsite” award.
Many of Sullivan’s local businesses donate prizes and supplies for this event. The businesses that have donated in the past include, but are not limited to: Lowe's, 3R RV, O'Reilly's, Bourbon RV, Clark Street Café, Meramec Tire, People's Bank, Petals and Plants, Pizza Hut, Sullivan Veterinary Hospital, Jimmy John's and the Surprise Shop. Meramec State Park staff hopes to see you all in costume at the 2020 Spooktacular Halloween event.
Friday, Oct. 16
Nature program – 6:30 p.m. at amphitheater
- Outdoor movie – 7:30 p.m. in open area with tents
Saturday, Oct. 17
- Coloring contest – Pick up at booth starting at 9 a.m.; turn in to booth by 3 p.m.
- Scavenger hunt – Meet at tents at 1:30 p.m.
- Jack-o'-lantern contest – Bring carved pumpkins with site number to tents by 4 p.m.
- Trick-or-treating – Begins at 5 p.m.
- Contest winners announced at tents starting at 7 p.m.
- Dance party – Begins after contest winners announced; will end by 10 p.m.