9/14/2019 | Nathan Boone Homestead State Historic Site | Ash Grove, MO
Join historic site staff for the annual fall festival and lighting of the luminaries. Starting at 11 a.m., staff will lead guided tours of the homestead that will focus on the many mysteries and lesser-known details of the site. Period interpreters will be stationed throughout the site sharing stories of the Boone family and the site’s 182-year history.
As darkness falls over the homestead, storytellers will take to the porch of the Boone home to share tales of years gone by. The evening will conclude with the lantern and luminaries tour, during which time the paths, cemeteries and Boone home will be lined with glowing luminaries and lanterns, while staff will guide the tour along with candle lanterns.
This program will run in conjunction with the annual Ash Grove Fall Rendezvous. A complete list of activities is provided below:
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. - Living history displays and demonstrations - along the path to the Boone home
- 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. - Mystery tours - tours will leave at 11 a.m., noon, 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. - register at the site office (space is limited)
- 6 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. - The story of the 1937 Ash Grove tornado - porch of the Boone home
- 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. - Storyteller Jim “Two Crows” Wallen presents the story of Lewis and Clark - porch of the Boone home
- 8 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. - Lanterns and luminaries tour - starts at Boone home
Event times: 10 a.m. - 8:45 p.m.
- Interpretive Programs