12/30/2017 to 1/1/2018 | Current River State Park | Salem, MO
End and start your year off on the water!! Come and Join us at Current River and Echo Bluff state parks for the last day and first day paddle event. This event is a joint adventure between Missouri State Parks, the National Park Service and the American Canoe Association (ACA). Ranger Dave Tobey from the Park Service along with other ACA-certified personnel will be giving you a guided interpretive adventure down the Current River.
- 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. – ACA Check-in and Reception, Betty Lea Lodge, Echo Bluff State Park
- 8:30 p.m. - Welcome
- 10 a.m. – Last Day Paddle, Current River State Park
- 2 p.m. – ACA Clinic Session – Camp Cooking, Echo Bluff State Park
- 3 p.m. – ACA Clinic Session – Dry Land Basics, Echo Bluff State Park
- 4 p.m. – Keynote Speaker and Open Forum, Echo Bluff State Park
- 5 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Dinner, Echo Bluff State Park
- 6:30 p.m. – ACA Clinic Session – Winter Equipment, Echo Bluff State Park
- 8:30 p.m. – Missouri Paddling Clubs Presentation, Echo Bluff State Park
Note: The location of sessions will be included in your welcome packet.
- 10 a.m. – First Day Paddle, Current River State Park
This is a five-mile paddle to Round Springs at Carr’s landing, with a take-out time of 3 p.m.
Camping and lodging are available at Echo Bluff State Park. Camping rates are posted in the campground or to make a reservation, click here or call 877-422-6766. For lodging, contact the Betty Lea Lodge at 844-322-3246 and ask for the ACA clinic rates.
For more information or to register, contact Ranger Dave Tobey at 573-323-8093.