Park phone number: 573-358-2173
Emergency number: 911 or 573-431-3131 (county dispatch)
Dispersed camping is permitted for small groups along either loop of Pike Run Trail. There is also a designated backpack camp for groups of seven or more persons.
Backpackers must register before starting their trip. Camping is free, but registration is required.
- Campfires are prohibited. Stoves must be used for cooking.
- Cutting implements such as saws and hatchets are not allowed on the trail.
- All pets must be leashed for their protection and that of other visitors and wildlife.
- Potable water is available at the trailhead April through October (not available in off-season).
- Equestrian camping is not allowed on the trail.
- No camping in the special-use area
Overnight parking for hikers is allowed at the main trailhead. Enter the park straight through the entrance gates, and go down the big hill; the road will curve to the right, then curve left around the ball field. Go over the bridge and then keep going straight. The large, gravel parking lot is the trailhead of Pike Run Trail. Trailhead location: 37.95902, -90.53284