The department offers opportunities for temporary seasonal employment in our 91 state parks and historic sites.
- Maintenance/Laborer-May include construction, maintenance and repair, landscaping, groundskeeping, refuse collection, cleaning and collecting fees.
- Naturalist/Interpreter-May include planning and conducting activties and educational programs for park visitors.
- Clerical/Administrative Support-May include answering phones, greeting guests and visitors, making copies and other basic office work.
- Outdoor Recreation-May include assisting with special events, recreation and outreach programming and trail projects.
Applicants must be at least 16 years of age for these positions. Hourly pay rates are based upon local job markets. Availability of positions will depend upon the budget established for each individual facility and/or project. Some positions also have housing available.
SEASONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
State park and historic site seasonal employees are eligible to participate in the following benefits. Benefit choices include:
- MOVLIC Universal Life Insurance – an optional life insurance that can be purchased at a group rate;
- Citistreet-deferred compensation incentive plan – an investment option that will defer taxes until time of retirement; and