12/2/2023 | Felix Vallé House State Historic Site | Ste. Genevieve, MO
Revel in the spirit of an early Missouri French Christmas during Le Réveillon at Felix Valle House State Historic Site on Saturday, Dec. 2.
- 1-3 p.m. – Paper filigree with Lisa Palmer of Never Bored Creations LLC. Drop in to learn the art of paper filigree and make your own holiday ornament.
- 1-4 p.m. – Free tours of the Felix Vallé House.
- 2-4 p.m. – Enjoy traditional dances performed by Dance Discovery, a St. Louis-based dance troupe that performs historically faithful social dances from the 1600s to the present.
- 4 p.m. – “Our French and German Christmas Customs” by Robert Mueller. Learn about the history of Ste. Genevieve’s holiday traditions during this informative lecture.
- 5-8 p.m. – Le Réveillon. Enjoy candlelit tours of the Felix Vallé House and experience Le Réveillon, a traditional feast held after midnight Mass on Christmas Eve. Interact with interpreters in period dress and enjoy special desserts, including buche de Noel.
All activities are free and open to the public. No registration is required, but seating is limited for the lecture. For more information, call the historic site at 573-883-7102.
Felix Vallé House State Historic Site is located at the corner of Second and Merchant streets in Ste. Genevieve.
Site Opens: 10 a.m.
Event Time: 1 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Historic Site Tours
- Interpretive Programs