10/24/2020 | Cuivre River State Park | Troy, MO
This year's Cuivre Halloween Spooktacular event will be for registered campers and their guests only, due to COVID-19-related restrictions. Campers can participate in trick-or-treating, go on a spooky scavenger hunt, and enter the campsite decorating contest for a chance to win a free camping coupon.
In order to make the activities safe and fun, we recommend the following:
- Campers who are participating in trick-or-treating will be given a card to place on their post that indicates that they will be handing out candy.
- Visitors are encouraged to avoid communal bowls of candy and opt for grab-and-go options like individual pieces or treat bags left on the picnic table.
- When preparing candy bags or laying out candy for trick or treaters, wear mask and gloves.
- Mask use is strongly encouraged. Costume masks are not a substitute for a mask.
- Use hand sanitizer before eating candy.
- Maintain 6 feet distance as much as possible.
Campsite decorating contest winners will be notified individually, and a photo of the winning sites will be posted to the Facebook page. There will be no costume contest this year, but we encourage families to show off their best costumes by posting to their social media page and using the hashtags #cuivreriverstatepark #halloweenspooktacular.
Cuivre River State Park hopes to resume the annual public Halloween event next year. For more information, call the park office at 636-528-7247.
Event Time: 1 p.m. - 7 p.m.