3/23/2019 to 3/24/2019 | Arrow Rock State Historic Site | Arrow Rock, MO
The 29th Annual War of 1812 in the West Symposium is sponsored by Missouri State Parks and the 1st United States Infantry Regiment Living History Organization
Saturday, March 23, 2019
- 9 a.m. - Introduction by David C. Bennett.
- 9:10 a.m. - “The Company of Captain Nathan Boone’s Missouri Rangers” by Michael Harris.
- 10 a.m. - “Equipping the Mounted Rangers” by Bill Jordan.
- 11 a.m. - “1813: The Evacuation of Fort Osage and the War of 1812” by David C. Bennett.
- Noon - Lunch Break
- 1:30 p.m. - “New York’s War of 1812” by Richard Barbuto.
- 2:30 p.m. - “Colonel Richard Mentor Johnson and His Kentucky Mounted Volunteers” by John Steinle.
- 3:30 p.m. - “I am a Sauk. My father was a Sauk. I am a warrior. The Life of Black Hawk” by Michael Dickey.
- 4:30 p.m. - Symposium concludes for the day.
- 5 p.m. - Dinner at J. Huston 1834 Tavern, Arrow Rock
Sunday March 24, 2019
- 9 a.m. - Introduction by David C. Bennett
- 9:10 a.m. - “Major Amos Stoddard, Corps of Artillerists” by Doug Harding.
- 10 a.m. - “Roast Beef: Feeding the U. States Army” by Sally Bennett.
- 11 a.m. - “The Trail before the Trail: War of 1812 Influence on the Santa Fe Trail, 1815-1820” by Hal Youmans.
- Noon - The 29th Annual War of 1812 in the West Symposium concludes.
- Interpretive Programs