9/14/2013 | Graham Cave State Park | Danville, MO
Travel through history while enjoying a day of activities and nature. Click here to read the news release.
- Learn how the ancient tool, the atlatl (spear thrower), is made and used. After a short presentation, participants will be allowed to check their skills. Personal atlatls are welcome, but not required.
- The Montgomery County Historical Society will have a booth with items about the history of the area.
- Learn about Missouri mammals, see fur pelts.
- Meet Graham family descendants; see a collection of historical family pictures and artifacts from Graham Cave.
- The University of Missouri, Department of Anthropology will display artifacts and pictures from the early excavations at Graham Cave.
- Meet a Missouri State Park archaeologist and learn about preservation efforts and recent research at Graham Cave.
- Visit the Montgomery County Retired School Personnel Association booth and join a variety of activities including nut grinding.
Bring a picnic lunch and join us for a fun, activity-filled day. The event is free and open to the public.
Event times: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Interpretive Programs