During Earth Day, we celebrate our amazing planet and reflect on the importance of protecting it. As part of our 2021 Earth Day celebration, Missouri State Parks is sponsoring a virtual art contest for pre-K through 12th grade. The theme of our contest is Earth Day Art in Missouri State Parks. Our state park system preserves some of the most outstanding natural resources in the state. We would love to see your artwork that showcases some of the special places in our state parks and historic sites. See below for contest rules and how to participate.
We encourage you to visit one of our parks and reflect on the following questions:
- How would you celebrate Earth Day in a Missouri state park or historic site?
- What’s your favorite state park or historic site?
- What’s your favorite memory of visiting a state park or historic site?
A panel of judges will select winners for the following awards: First Place, Second Place, Third Place and Honorable Mention in the following age groups.
- Five and under
Create your masterpiece:
Once you’ve completed your masterpiece, take a photo of it for submission. Your artwork will be judged based on the photo you provide. Please be aware of picture clarity and lighting when taking the photo.
- A photo of your artwork can be submitted electronically here.
- Follow directions carefully and provide all information requested on the submission form.
- You must submit your artwork by April 30, 2021. Late entries will not be judged.
The first 500 submittals will receive a Missouri State Parks nature journal.
A grand prize “Director’s Choice” award will be given for the top artwork, and will include a $50 gift card to Missouri State Parks. The first, second and third-place winners in each category will receive a medal. Honorable mentions in each age category will receive a certificate.