6/3/2019 to 6/14/2019 | Bennett Spring State Park | Lebanon, MO
Camp Dates: June 3-7 and June 10-14
The Lebanon School District teachers and Missouri State Parks staff will be facilitating an Explorer Camp during the first two weeks in June 2019. Learning to fish for trout will be a regular activity in the morning. Outdoor etiquette, environmental discussions and journaling will be a part of the curriculum. Many group builders, nature-themed activities and fun activities are being planned. Special activity dates for participants will be as follows:
- Tuesday, June 4 - Stream Team
- Wednesday, June 5 - Cross Fit/Yoga
- Thursday, June 6 - Camping/Survival/Outdoor Awareness
- Friday, June 7 - Dutch Oven Cooking
- Monday, June 10 - Archery
- Tuesday, June 11 - Park Ranger Bobby Sharp Presentation/Multi Cultural Activities/Glade Restoration
- Wednesday, June 12 - Learn to Kayak at Ha Ha Tonka State Park with ACA Certified Instructors
- Thursday, June 13 - Compass/Geocaching
- Friday, June 14 - Natural Tunnel Trail Hike
Enrollment for this event will begin in the spring as the Lebanon School District begins summer school enrollment. The school’s enrollment is open and it is not necessary to live in the school district to enroll. The park's visitors will be able to sign up for some of the Explorer Camp activities beginning May 1, 2019, through the nature center by calling 417-532-3925. For more information about the camp, click here.
Camp times: 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Interpretive Programs