Missouri state parks provide many opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. Many of the outdoor features in state parks have conditions that cannot be controlled or managed. To ensure you have a great experience in Missouri state parks while you are enjoying any water-related activity, follow these safety tips from the American Red Cross.
- Familiarize yourself with the area first before entering the water.
- Watch for underwater obstacles (stumps, logs, etc.)
- Never swim, wade or access any water feature alone.
- Always wear a personal flotation device.
- Never leave children unsupervised near the water.
- Learn to swim and know your swimming limits.
- Never drink alcohol and swim.
By following these safety tips, you can enjoy your experience in Missouri state parks.