Recreational Trail Program Grants
In Missouri, RTP grants are open to local and state governments, school districts and nonprofit organizations. Missouri receives between $1 and $1.5 million per fiscal year. The maximum amount awarded is $250,000 for trail projects. Sponsors must have a minimum 20% match. Projects must be open to the public.
Eligible Projects include:
- Restoration of existing recreational trails.
- Development and rehabilitation of trailside and trailhead facilities and trail linkages for recreational trails.
- Construction of new recreational trails (with restrictions for new trails on Federal lands).
- Acquisition of easements and property for recreational trails or recreational trail corridors.
- Assessment of trail conditions for accessibility and maintenance.
Grant selection process
The 2022 RTP Grant is currently closed. The 2023 RTP Grant Round will open in mid-December. The new Application and Open Project Selection Process will be posted when the grant round opens.
Grant Application Workshops:
The Recreational Trails Program Application presentation has been recorded and is available here: https://youtu.be/QU2FMZteIHk
Past Administration Guides
Past Grant Recipients
Sign requirements include posting a sign near your trail project entrance. Signs can be ordered by calling Missouri Vocational Enterprises at 573-751-6663 or 800-392-8486.