In Missouri, RTP grants are open to local and state governments, school districts, non-profit and for-profit organizations, and Indian Tribes. Missouri receives approximately $1.5 million per fiscal year. The maximum amount awarded is $200,000 per project sponsor, and sponsors must have a minimum 20 percent match. Projects must be open to the public.
Eligible Projects include:
- Maintenance and restoration of existing recreational trails.
- Development and rehabilitation of trailside and trailhead facilities and trail linkages for recreational trails.
- Purchase and lease of recreational trail construction and maintenance equipment.
- Construction of new recreational trails (with restrictions for new trails on Federal lands).
- Acquisition of easements and property for recreational trails or recreational trail corridors.
- Assessment of trail conditions for accessibility and maintenance.
Grant selection process
After applications are received, they are reviewed and scored by the Missouri Trail Advisory Board. Recommended projects are sent to The Federal Highway Administration for final approval.
Past Grant Recipients
Sign requirements include posting a sign near your trail project entrance. Signs can be ordered by calling 573-522-2927 or for more information, go to this website.
Grant sponsors may now order a grant sign or inquire about an order at: email@example.com.
- More information about the Recreational Trails Program from the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration
- ADA Guidelines