Detailed lesson plans can be accessed through the links to the right or by calling the historic site office at 660-259-4654.
When planning a trip...
Plan on spending an hour on the Anderson House tour. The self-guided walking tour, which features interpretive kiosks, video presentation and museum exhibits may also take an hour to see.
- To qualify for a discounted rate, there must be a minimum of 15 people in your group. Click here for group tour fees.
- To comfortably accommodate those touring the Anderson House, a maximum of 50 people will be taken each hour. If your group is of more than 50, please plan on taking two consecutive tours.
- Please be on time. The guided tours of the Anderson House begin promptly on the hour.
- Please bring the recommended adult to child ratio: one adult for every 10 students. No items in the Anderson House should be touched. It may be useful to explain to younger group members that these are fragile, irreplaceable items and should be treated as such. Groups or individuals who disturb other visitors or pose a threat to the collection may be asked to leave.
- The visitor center provides an introduction to the Civil War in Missouri and the Battle of Lexington through a 20-minute video presentation and exhibit hall. Some hands-on exhibits are available. There are also cassette tapes and flip books for those with disabilities.
- A gift shop and restrooms are located in the visitor center.