Many picnic sites are scattered throughout the day-use area. Each site consists of a picnic table and pedestal charcoal grill. Gathering firewood in the park and burning trash in the grill are both prohibited. All picnic sites are available first-come, first-served.
Equestrian picnic sites are available at the equestrian staging area. Equestrian sites have a picnic table, pedestal charcoal grill and hitching post.
If you need a place for a family or company picnic, rent one of two picnic shelters.
- Shelter 1 can accommodate 75 people and has two 3’x3’ barbecue grills.
- Shelter 2 can accommodate 50 people and has one 3’x3’ barbecue grill.
On-Season Services (April-October):
- Flush restroom and water fountain available near each shelter.
- Dumpster available near each shelter.
- Volleyball net available at Shelter 2.
Off-Season Services (November-March):
- Flush restrooms and water fountain are closed for the off-season. Vault toilet available year-round at the Lone Wolf Trailhead parking lot.
- Dumpsters are pulled from service at each shelter in the off-season. Please dispose of trash in dumpsters provided at the Lone Wolf Trailhead parking lot, or near the train trestle bridge.
- Volleyball net at Shelter 2 is taken down for off-season.
The shelter reservation fee is $90 per day for each shelter. The reservation time frame is from 9 a.m. until park closing on the reserved day. If not reserved, the shelters are available for no charge on a first-come, first-served basis.
On-Season Reservation Availability (April-October):
- Reservations are available Monday through Friday during the on-season, with the exception of Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day.
- Shelters 1 and 2 are available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis on Saturdays and Sundays (including Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day) during the on-season.
Off-Season Reservation Availability (November-March):
- Reservations are available seven days a week.
Staff begin accepting shelter reservation applications the first business day of each calendar year. To reserve a shelter, contact the park to check for availability by calling 636-227-4433. If a shelter is available, fill out the Shelter Reservation Application and mail it to the park for review. Submission of this application does not guarantee reservation of the shelter.
To keep the kids entertained, there is a playground conveniently located in the middle of the field between the two picnic shelters.