Missouri State Parks campgrounds are open with a number of social distancing measures in place to improve the safety of operations for Missouri State Parks’ guests and staff. For more information, view our full release here.
Montauk State Park's campground offers basic and electric campsites. For a little extra space, try one of the park's family campsites.
The park's store carries a variety of camping supplies.
You are now able to reserve your Missouri State Parks campsite up to 12 months in advance, expanding from the previous six-month window. Reservations are required before arriving to the campground, and can be made up until 7 p.m. CST the day before your arrival. To make a reservation or view campsites details, photos and availability, go to the reservation website by clicking the "Make a Reservation" link below and start planning your trip today. Reservations may also be made by calling toll free 877-ICampMO (877-422-6766). Printable campground maps are available for your reference by clicking on the "Map" links.
Individual Campground Information
Types of Sites
|Loop 1 (Map)||Year-round||Feb. 25-Oct. 31||Year-round||Basic, Family|
|Loop 2 (Map)||Year-round||Feb. 25-Oct. 31||Year-round||Electric*, Family*|
|Loop 3 (Map)||Year-round||Feb. 25-Oct. 31||Year-round||Electric*, Family*|
|Loop 4 (Map)||Year-round||Feb. 25-Oct. 31||Year-round||Electric, Family|
Click here for a guide to the symbols.
* Premium Electric sites available
Important Camping Information:
- Before occupying a reservable site, check with park staff or follow the directions on the "vacant one night" cards located at the campsites.
- Electricity and frost-free water spigots are available in the campground year-round.
- Campground guests may purchase firewood from the campground woodlot. From Feb. 25 through Oct. 31, the woodlot is open Sunday through Thursday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. From Nov.1 through Feb. 24, the woodlot is closed. During those months, wood is available on weekends from the dining lodge during their business hours.
- Campers planning to carry in firewood must comply with current firewood advisories.