The following locations have temporary detours in place.
- MM 62.6 to MM 64, west of Matson Trailhead (beg 3/4/19) bridge replacement near Klondike Park - DETOUR MAP
The detour begins at MM 62.6 and runs through Klondike Park to near MM 64. Detour signs are posted coming from the east and west of the closed area. A map of the detour also is posted at the Matson and Augusta trailheads and the Klondike Park kiosk. The detour route is on gravel with washouts following recent rain storms, narrow turns, and an 85-feet elevation incline on the west end.
- MM 66.4 to MM 67.8, west of Augusta Trailhead (beg. 3/13/19) Bigelow Creek bridge replacement - DETOUR MAP
The detour accesses Augusta Bottom Road so trail users need to exercise caution on this route. A map of the detour also is posted at the Augusta and Dutzow trailheads.
- MM 178.5 to MM 181.4, Central Street in Rocheport to Davisdale (beg. 11/1/19) alternate road route
- East to West: from the Rocheport Trailhead, take the Katy Trail to Central Street (.2 mile). Turn right onto Central St. Central St. becomes MO Hwy. 240 Spur (.1 mile). Take Hwy. 240 Spur to Hwy. 40 (1.0 mile). Turn left onto Hwy. 40. Take Hwy. 40 to the first Davisdale Conservation Area parking lot, on the right (3.0 miles). There is a narrow metal pedestrian bridge that connects to the Katy Trail at approximately MP 182.
- West to East: At approximately MP 182, there is a narrow metal pedestrian bridge on the right that connects the Katy Trail to the Davisdale Conservation Area parking lot. Exit the parking lot onto Hwy. 40 taking a left onto Hwy. 40. Continue on Hwy. 40 for approximately 3 miles. Take a right onto the Hwy. 240 Spur (not Hwy 240 Alt.) continue approximately 1-mile, Hwy. 240 Spur turns into Central St. Continue 3 blocks on Central St to the Katy Trail. Take a left onto the Katy Trail to go to the Rocheport Trailhead.
- east of MM 227.1, east of Sedalia Trailhead (beg. 11/14/16) alternate road route - DETOUR MAP
Due to closure of the trail from Griessen Road to Boonville Street in Sedalia, trail users will need to use the road route detour to connect from Griessen Road to the Sedalia Depot.
For information on potential flood impacts to the trail, please visit the Potential Flood Locations page.