McAdoo Trail System
- Horseback Riding
Length: 7 Miles View map
Trail Rating: Rugged
McAdoo Trail System is the park’s only trail open to equestrian riders and hikers. Travelers will pass through Christopher Woods, a section of forest that contains the oldest stand of continuous timber within the park.
Users will encounter both bottomland and upland forests with several creek crossings, steep grades and inclines, slippery conditions and possible downed vegetation. This trail may occasionally be closed to equestrian users due to inclement weather. Please call the park for details. This trail has two white connectors: white connector 1 is 1.20 miles and white connector 2 is .45 miles.
This trail is available for adoption; ask at the park office for details.
You may experience:
- Natural surface, dirt, mud, gravel, shifting rocks, slippery surface, etc.
- Rocks, roots and/or downed vegetation on trail
- Low-hanging vegetation
- Steep grades and inclines over 10%
- Bridges and/or structural crossings
- Water/stream crossings without bridges
- Occasional water over trail
- Road/highway crossing
|Length||Estimated Hiking Time||Type||Blazes||Trailhead|
|7 Miles||60 minutes per mile||Loop||Yellow||At the equestrian trailhead parking area off the entrance road to Camp Bobwhite|