3/25/2023 | Thousand Hills State Park | Kirksville, MO
Come out to Thousand Hills State Park and explore the sky during our Night Sky Events series. Join park staff, Truman State University faculty, and Adair County Public Library representatives to look through telescopes and learn about the sky above you. Several telescopes will be set up, but everybody is welcome to bring their own telescopes, chairs and binoculars.
All programs are weather permitting. Check out Thousand Hills State Park on Facebook for cancellations, location changes, and other park information.
- Saturday, March 25, 7-9 p.m. – “Constellation Tales” at Point Shelter
- Thursday, April 20, 8-10 p.m. – “Stars Up, Lights Down” at Point Shelter
- Friday, May 26, 8-10 p.m. – “Night Sky Stories” at beach parking lot
- Saturday, July 8, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. – “Solar Viewing” at Point Shelter
- Saturday, July 8, 9-11 p.m. – Nighttime Stargazing at Point Shelter
- Friday, Sept 1, 7:30-9:30 p.m. – “Eyes on the Sky” at Point Shelter
- Friday, Oct. 6, 7-9 p.m. – “Constellation Stories” at beach parking lot
- Saturday, Oct. 28, 6-8 p.m. – “Spooktacular Stargazing” at Point Shelter
Thousand Hills State Park is located at:
- Interpretive Programs